Braces in Kennesaw, GA
iClear Orthodontics, GA provides comprehensive orthodontic options and braces to our patients in the greater Georgia area. Led by board-certified orthodontists Dr. Ruchir R . Patel, Dr. Kalpesh Thakkar, our family-friendly offices have numerous types of braces for you to choose from.
Types of Braces That We Offer
The type of braces that you choose will depend on your long-term smile goals, the position of your teeth and the recommendation of one of our expert orthodontists. Each type is designed to carefully and accurately reposition your teeth for a beautiful, healthy, more attractive smile.
Some of the types of braces and supportive appliances available to our Georgia patients include:
- Adult Braces – You’re never too old to enjoy straighter teeth. Find out how adult braces can help you experience improved oral health.
- Braces for Kids – Early orthodontic intervention can prevent your child from requiring complex treatment later on.
- Braces for Teens – Do you have a teenager with bite concerns or who feels too embarrassed to smile in public? Our Georgia braces can help!
- Ceramic Braces – These traditional braces come in tooth-colored brackets that blend right in with your smile.
- Lingual Braces – Truly hidden braces are tucked away on the back of each of your teeth so that they’re completely invisible to other people.
- Metal Braces – Conventional braces are great for all ages, especially for individuals with complex corrective needs.
- Spacers for Braces – Comfortable spacers make it easier to start wearing your braces in no time, without other teeth shifting out of place.
- Colored Braces – Like the idea of adding bright, bold colors (or even glow in the dark bands) to your smile? Colored braces let you do just that.
- Preventative Braces – Did you know that straightening your teeth can help you avoid dental related diseases? Early preventative braces can prevent you from having more extensive bite concerns later.
- WildSmiles® – Want something more exciting than your typical square brackets? Choose from dozens of designs, such as flowers, stars, sports or hearts.
- Damon Braces – Self-litigating (“trap door”) style braces allow your archwire to glide in place with less friction and greater comfort.
- Invisalign® – Removable, clear aligners that straighten your teeth without fixed braces. Eat whatever you want! West Cobb & iClear Orthodontics are Preferred Invisalign® Providers.
The difference between adult orthodontics and orthodontics for children and teens:
The main difference between treating adults and children or teens is that the jawbones of younger patients are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may make orthognathic surgery possible to align the jawbones. Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen, but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Our practice also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems. A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end. Our practice also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
Should You Get Braces?
Correcting the alignment of your teeth can have a significant impact on your:
- Appearance and Self-Esteem
- Dental Health (including tooth decay and periodontal disease)
- TMJ Function, Disorders, and Headaches
- Oral Hygiene
- Biting Patterns
Repositioning the alignment of the teeth helps make them bite together more efficiently, reducing strain on the enamel and jaw joint. Straighter teeth are also less prone to concerns like periodontal (gum) disease and tooth decay because they’re easier to keep clean.
Caring for Your Braces
It takes a lot of patience to keep your smile clean when you wear braces, but it’s not impossible! If you’re not wearing a removable style of braces, such as Invisalign®, you’ll want to invest in oral hygiene aids, such as floss threaders or a water flosser, to clean between your teeth and appliances. Be sure to take plenty of time to brush above and below your brackets. Schedule regular checkups and cleanings with your dentist and hygienist to make sure your smile stays cavity free!
Our Georgia orthodontists will also recommend using a prescription fluoride during your orthodontic treatment to combat the risk of demineralization caused by plaque buildup. Remember, getting braces can actually help you improve your oral health; all you need to do is keep your teeth clean during the process!
Which Type of Braces is Right for You? Find Out Today!
Contact West Cobb Orthodontics in Kennesaw, GA today to schedule your orthodontic evaluation with one of our board-certified experts. Find out which type of braces is right for you! Our West Cobb offices are open Saturdays, with convenient financing via CareCredit® and OrthoFi.